Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bag Mania

I think the spring weather is getting to me. I've had this "creating/sewing" bug. Last week, I made a nuring cover (or "hooter hider" as we like to call it) for a friend of mine, then the insanity began.

A group of friends are getting ready to do some outlet shopping in a few weeks. As I was thinking about this, I remembered that I HATE all the bags I bring home. Now, I LOVE the contents of those bags, but never know what to do with the bags when I get home. I just can't seem to throw them away. They are so nice... in great shape... what if I need them someday... So I end up sticking them in the closet intending to use them later, but never do! I bet I have 30 of them in the closet right now! :)

The thought came to me to make a bag. And so my internet search of blogs, websites, tutorials and all things sewing began. I found a few pictures of bags I thought would work then made a pattern, headed to the fabric store, and began creating! Here's my first creation--
I love it! I took it on a trial run to a second-hand sale this weekend. Good thing, it is MUCH too small to put all my future purchases in it! So, I made a new pattern and made this--
Love it too!! And it is just the right size! I'm sure Jon is hoping that I don't put too much in it. :) I can't wait to go shopping now...


Do you like them? If you'd like one, let me know. Maybe we can work something out. The small one is great for a large purse/bag or even a great diaper bag, as I could add some extra large pockets. The large one is good for shopping, or maybe a beach bag, or just something to lug around all our kids junk! Mother's Day, baby gift, just for you? Maybe I can make some extra $$ to spend shopping! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

You are too cool! What cute bags..I could never do it...way to be creative I am sure that you will get some business.

Anonymous said...

those are so cute!! i love the colors and combinations! you could sell these on etsy.com really easily :)

brenda

T said...

Great, Sara! You could try selling them on etsy if you're wanting to make a few bucks! :-)