Here are a few shots of the fun week-
This is Dylan's favorite spot in the "yard". He likes to scoop up the rocks and play with all his construction toys. He also likes to draw on the sidewalk, which I'm standing on, with his chalk. Can you guess what I have to draw all the time? Yup... bulldozers, excavators, steam rollers, and dump trucks! I've gotten to be a pretty good "construction artist".
One morning, we had to call Grandma Westra up at 8:15 to see if she wanted to go to the Splash Pad with us. They don't open until 10:00, so we wasted some time at a garage sale buying tools for Dylan. Great-Grandpa Meengs must be looking down from Heaven with a big smile because Dylan LOVES garage sales. I wonder if he'll like shuffle board too?!? Then we went to Marge's Donut Den for a morning treat. We were still early, so we watched the fork lift move picnic tables at the park and went to the playground. What a perfect morning for Dylan-- garage sales, tools, donuts, Grandma, a fork lift, the tunnel slide, and water! He was so exhausted by the time we got home!
My college friend Lisa invited us to Maranatha's beach in Muskegon on Friday. Dylan loved playing in the sand with us, but wasn't so sure about the crashing waves of Lake Michigan. Oh well, he was still cute! It was great to see Lisa & her sister. We had a lot of great times at Calvin and I miss seeing her. Too bad she lives in Flint. I'm so glad she called us and that we finally made it there... I got a little lost on the way! =)
On Saturday, Jon & his brothers, Chris & Mark, had their annual golf outing with Uncle Duane at Sunnybrook. Tracy and I try to plan something fun that day too so we don't go stir crazy, so this year we decided to head up to the cottage since all three kids haven't been there together yet. The kids had fun digging in the sand, jumping in the water, and playing with Grandma & Grandpa. It was a perfect day!
Chloe, Julia, & Dylan enjoying the water
Dylan, my child with NO fear, jumping off the dock
Here is a little video for Aunt Kerin of Chloe & Dylan jumping into the water. Julia was either too cold or too tired to join in this time. The video is a little dorky and short, but you'll get the idea!
3 comments:
Hi Bud,
It's fun watching you on the computer!!! Hope you and your mom are havign a great day. Love ya both.
Grandpa W
Dylan,
Love the video and all of the pics!
Come visit me in Indy again!
Crew :-)
I've got some totally adorable pictures from our Maranatha weekend...I'll try to send them to you!
Post a Comment