Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Merry (early) Christmas, with a little reflection

Last week we had fun entertaining Amy & Reed! They came up to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, since they'll be spending Christmas in Minnesota this year with Reed's family. And they got to sleep in our loft (which also means they got to wake up early to Dylan's energy). We had a fun and busy week with them. Dylan was excited to rough-house with his aunt and uncle and play with someone new. I think they loved it too!
On Saturday, we were able to celebrate Christmas. It seemed strange to do it early, but was tons of fun. Dylan kept asking when we were going to set up the Christmas tree so he could open his gifts. So, we headed to Grandma's early on Saturday to decorate the tree and take a nap before the celebration began. What fun to see Christmas through the eyes of a 2 1/2 year old! We should all be that excited to celebrate the birth of our Savior... and not distracted with all the preparations. I'll have to post some pictures later. I don't have many since we are blessed to have a great photographer in the family, so I'll just wait for her CD to arrive in the mail. Check back in a few days...
In the meantime, not to sound cliche, but, remember the true meaning of Christmas. God is so good. Slow down and praise Him for the gifts (not presents) He blesses us with EVERYDAY! It's hard when there's a huge to-do list, but so worth it. I was reminded of that again today in our Bible study. Paul tells us in Philippians to not be anxious in anything, but to turn our worries into prayers to God. God will then come into our hearts and "settle us down" (The Message). I pray this year I can celebrate with that in my heart. I pray you would too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara!

I just spent some time looking at all the pictures you have posted since Halloween. Nice job! Dylan is an adorable little boy. I like the stories that you tell with pictures and seeing all the different things that he does.

Thanks for sharing.

Love, Aunt Sandy