Dylan was all ready for Halloween this year. He was with Grandma & Grandpa Westra when they bought their treats, so he couldn't wait to dress up like Bob the Builder (like he doesn't do that every other day, but oh well...) and get some of them!
On Tuesday night, we carved "the pumpkin face" in his "big, huge pumpkin". After Jon cut the top off, he was all ready to drop the candle in, so we was a little surprised and disappointed that we had to take out all the goop. He did NOT want to touch that! So, being the little handy man he is, he found a spoon and scooped it out instead. He quickly got bored with that, so he grabbed his measuring tape and started to measure it. After Jon & I were all done following Dylan's instructions on how to carve the pumpkin, he finally got to watch it glow! All that work sure paid off! We had one happy guy.
On Wednesday, Dylan and Austin had fun playing with the gourds, so I got to snap a few cute shots of them. Austin brought over his drill, so Dylan had fun fixing his pumpkin too! Once dinner was cleaned up, we headed out to the grandparents' houses. Between houses, we also got to enjoy the beautiful, orange sunset! Dylan loved yelling in his loudest voice "Trick Or Treat!" And boy, was he rewarded by those grandmas and grandpas! 4 houses (including Uncle Marky's) and almost a full pail! I'm sure he'll share with me, right?!? When we got home, he was pretty insistent that he had to go to our "front door, not the garage door" and go trick or treating again. Good thing I had a few pieces of candy at home!
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Happy Halloween
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That boy cracks me up!
I wonder what Dylan wants to be when he grows up? I think you and Jon will luck out and not have to pay to send him to college. It is always nice to have a handy person in the family.
Dylan-Can I play with you and your tools when I come up??? Thanks for the birthday video too :)
Post a Comment