Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Past Week... or so

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know it's been a while. Cut me some slack! I'm due in less than 3 weeks, trying to get our Christmas shopping done, presents wrapped, & holiday food made ahead of time, chasing a suddenly-stubborn 2 1/2 year old around, and feel like I could sleep 20 hours of the day! =)

So- I'm going to take a nap before I finish this post! Hopefully I'll get back to it today!

I'm back. What a worthless nap. I couldn't even sleep. And usually I'm out like a rock, 30 seconds or less. Oh well. Now for the real post...

Happy Thanksgiving! We've been having fun (or saving my sanity) by doing some fun turkey crafts. Dylan enjoys using the scissors & I'm having fun too!



This past Sunday we had a Thanksgiving meal at church. Dylan had some fun wasting time between the service and the meal. Doesn't he look little? Could this be a possible Christmas gift?

This is a picture for Kerin... yup, I'm looking pregnant. But the reason Jon took the picture is that we got Dylan his "snow coat" and a new hat. When he tried it on, he WOULDN'T take it off! Pretty sure he was sweating, but he didn't care!

Here's another activity to keep us busy- We're making forts with the cushions from the porch furniture. Dylan calls his forts "Jake & Quinn's House" (his friends from church). He likes to sit in it for a while, but then really enjoys knocking it down!

OK, so why do we spend money on toys when free "trash" like this wrapping paper roll are just as fun? Here are a few creative things Dylan has done with his empty roll:

A trumpet

A saxophone

A fire fighter's hose spraying water

A fire fighter's ax

It's so fun to watch Dylan's imagination grow and see how his logic is beginning. We are blessed! And now we're going to have 2. I am a little nervous as to how the transition will go. Dylan has become quite the "momma's boy", so there might be a little jealousy. But we're not the first, nor the last, parents to deal with that!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving. God has been good this year, and we're looking forward to all he has planned for us in the next few weeks!

2 comments:

T said...

Love reading about Dylan's adventures and his imagination! Looking forward to hearing news from you in the next few weeks! :-)

Kerin said...

yay for pregnancy pics :)