Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday (Part 3)

Dylan enjoyed celebrating his 2nd birthday for the last time on Friday, July 6 with the Westra family. The first thing he saw when he walked into Grandma's house were the presents, so he knew what was going to happen! After a great supper with his 3 great grandparents, Grandma & Grandpa Westra, Aunt Amy, Uncles Reed & Eric, and Mom & Dad, he was ready to open them up! As you can see from the pictures, he got some great toys once again! Good thing he has a birthday 6 months away from Christmas! What is this next little baby going to do with a birthday so close to Christmas? After presents, Dylan dove right into the red velvet M&M cupcakes that he helped pick out, make, and decorate. With all his favorite things, they were ALMOST better than the presents!

I always smile the biggest when you sing "Happy Birthday" to me!


Yeah, a soccer goal!

Playing with his animal sounds puzzle

3 presents in one shot... the "duckie blankie", road blanket, & moving garbage truck


Dylan loved to "build big, big huge buildings" with Uncle Reed and then knock them down


Licking the M&Ms off Dylan's cupcake, his favorite part!

Thinking about running through the sprinkler with Uncle Eric, such a bad influence!

Overall, I think Dylan had a great birthday his year. I hid some of his old toys, so I think we're set until Christmas. Unless we find some great deals at a garage sale!
It was fun to see him enjoy his 2nd birthday since last year he didn't really know what was going on yet. It is still amazing to us to see how much he has grown in these last 2 years. I can't imagine life without his silly faces, smart comments, and fast pace days. I love being his "Mommy"!

1 comment:

ASchaaf said...

Happy Birthday, Dylan! Glad you had so many great days. Birthdays do get way more fun as the kids get older. Garrett is our "birthday guy"...he loves his birthday and anyone elses. It is really cute.