Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Grandparents

Dylan and Hannah are very privileged to have 5 great-grandparents! What a wonderful history they share with our children. Each is very special in their own way. I feel blessed that each of them share their love for the Lord with our children. I can only pray that Dylan & Hannah will look back one day and see how their great-grandparents laid the foundation for their faith. Not only that, but hopefully they will cherish the traditions, quirks, love, smiles, and hugs that have been shared numerous times! With that being said, I can only imagine how much more our grandparents love seeing their great-grandchildren grow up! What a blessing!

All 4 Great-Grandmas were at Dylan's baptism!
top: Neve Dykstra & Minnie Longstreet
sitting: Ruth Westra & Teresa Meengs

Great-Grandma Meengs

Great-Grandma Dykstra with her 5 great-grandchildren

Great-Grandma Westra

Great-Grandpa Longstreet, aka Grandpa Howie :)

Great-Grandma Longstreet, aka "Grandma Minnie"

And of course the Grandparents too!

We love you all and are blessed to have such a great family surrounding us with love!

As I end this, I must add how grateful to God I am for the health of our entire family. There are so many families who struggle daily with health issues of children, parents, or grandparents. Overall, we have very healthy families. Our grandparents are all over 80 years old and live without huge, life-threatening issues. Yes, they are getting older, but God has been very good to them! Our grandparents all have the energy to play with our children. Our siblings & nieces, cousins, and extended families are very healthy. Our 2 wonderful kiddos have been born without any health issues and continue to grow stronger. I feel blessed that when I go to the doctor my "family health history" is very clean! I know there may be times when this is not the case, but I praise God for now... and for the knowledge and faith I have that He is the great physician and in control of ALL THINGS!

3 comments:

Amy Noel said...

What a blessing your post is to me. And so precious to see the generations together. SO much love to all of you.

K and K and kids said...

how true...how blessed we are and yet sometimes just take that all for granted from faith of family to the health that surrounds us! Thanks for the beautiful post Sara!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the whole health thing. Eric's sister is having some potentially serious health issues now, and it has really made me think about how blessed we are to have a family that has been physically, emotionally, and spiritually pretty healthy!!