I'm not getting any cash for this endorsement, but, hey, I loved it, so I thought I'd share...
Jon and I have become addicted to CraigsList. About 2 months ago, we found a great deal on a large oak table with 2 leaves and 6 chairs. The top was a little beat up, but what can we expect for a good used table from a family of 6?!? We bought it, thinking we'd just sand it down and refinish it. The next week, my mom was watching the Today show and saw a segment about sprucing up your old furniture. She saw a product called "Howard's Restor-A-Finish" and told me about it. Last week, I tried it out. AMAZING! I dusted off the table and chairs, poured a little of the product on steel wool, wiped the wood along the grain, buffed the extra product off, and TADA... I have a new table! All the scratches, marks, and even a red line on the tabletop are gone leaving a clean, gleaming finish! It was SO easy and so rewarding. I love my new table now!
Here's a before picture of a chair....
And the after picture...(the difference isn't as noticeable in the picture, sorry)So, if you have something to refinish, try this first! It was only $7.98 at Ivanrest Hardware or Home Depot and worth a whole lot more than that to me! I'll even let you use my leftovers to try it out!
1 comment:
That stuff sounds awesome! I need to get my hands on some. Kevin was being helpful a few months back and took to cleaning the table with Comet. Yeah, he scrubbed the finish off too. :)
Post a Comment