We've spent lots of time outside playing, swimming, running through the sprinkler, riding bikes, and blowing bubbles!
Last weekend we got together with the Westra family to celebrate all the summer birthdays. Great-Grandma Westra loves to play with Hannah. I think Hannah likes it too!
Hannah, my mom, & I went blueberry picking last week. We picked 7 pounds of berries. Hannah liked picking the leaves. We've eaten a lot of them and made some bread & muffins too.
We walked to a "new" playground with Austin. Now Dylan is really ready to go to school at Grandville Christian! Too bad he has to wait another year.
On Friday, we headed out to the cottage overnight. Friday night, we had a great fire with s'mores and Saturday had fun playing around. We missed Chloe, Julia, & Lauren though... they were sick! Yuck!Building the fire... Jon working, Dad watching, & Mom playing with Hannah! :)
The fire was REALLY hot!
Dylan built a church and a factory with the firewood while Dad, Mark, and Jon worked around the cottage in the morning.
Digging for worms with Daddy...
My silly Hannah with her silly face. She had fun eating the sand!
Dylan waited not-so-patiently yesterday for Jon to finish hanging some blinds so he could jump on the bubbles. Running on these took up about a half an hour today!
Today we had a busy house! We usually babysit Austin, but we also added Addyson to the mix. It was fun day with 4 kids (3, 2, 10 months, and 9 months)! Hannah was a little jealous, but other than that, we had fun. And the wonderful part for all of you was that they were all asleep for 1 1/2 hours so I could do most of this post!
Hope you're enjoying September! I'll try to be better about posting at least once a week. That WAS my goal for August... oh well!
5 comments:
Welcome back to blogland! You've been missed! Hannah is getting so big! I love the photo of Dylan with the undies on his head...silly boy.
Yeah!! Thanks for the post!! Kinda hard to harass you about your site and posting when I am about as far behind on mine!
Loved all the photos! Even 300 miles away Dylan makes me laugh :) And Hannah is just so golly adorable :) We webcammed with Mom and Dad last night and it was awesome -- we'll have to web cam with you guys soon!
So is Big D officially potty trained now?!? And hey - where did you find your blinds and how hard were they to install??
Love you guys!!!
Amy
Sar
YOu are not a slacker! You put some great pics on. I love the underwear crown..I also love how little hannah looks on your back...too cute. YOu will have to show me how to do that wrap.Looks like you are enjoying these last days of summer. we will have to get "girls night" started up soon
I second Amy's comment... hard to criticize for lack of posting when I can be just as lacking with my own :) Glad to see you're posting pictures again- makes me feel like I still have some idea of what's going on over there!
oops! meant to comment on this post but commented on a few posts done accidently... :-)
Post a Comment