Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Peanut is 9 Months Old!

It makes me sad to say... but our little baby Hannah is already 9 months old! That seems so old to me. Maybe it makes me sad because she is just that much closer to a year... and that means a lot of change! Walking, talking, no more nursing, less naps, "real" food... my baby is just getting too old! I could say "she's getting too big", but that would not be true. We've got a tiny one here. She is still fitting in most of her 3-6 months clothes! Dylan was out of those by like 4 months! Maybe that is why this 9 month mark is hard on me, she still seems so little to me.

This (above) is the best picture I could get since she was doing this (below) most of the time!


But, my oh my, do we ever love her! Dylan said today while he and she were laughing together, "She is the best baby sister ever!" Awww! Hannah is our shy little Mama's girl. She still only says "mama" and not yet "dada". (Sorry, Jon! Dylan said "dada" first, so I'm claiming this one!) She's quiet and sneaky too. She can scootch across the room and get into trouble in half a second! She LOVES to climb. If we're sitting on the floor in front of the couch, she'll have climbed up our shoulders and onto the couch before we know it. Maybe she'll be a rock-climber, since she loves the outdoors too. Got a crabby Hannah? Bring her outside and set her in the grass or sandbox and you've got a whole new girl! I could go on and on, but I'll "ponder them in my heart" like Mary! We love you Hannah Gracie! Happy 9 months!

"My toes are way more fun to look at, Mom!"

Here are some quick stats in you're interested:

Hannah--
Weight: 16 lbs. 4 oz (8th %ile)
Height: 26 3/4" (20th %ile)

Dylan (at 9 months)--
Weight: 20 lbs (45th %ile)
Height: 28 1/2" (55th %ile)

4 comments:

Amy Miller said...

The best things come in small packages -- right? :) Hannah is precious and oh so tiny! Especially when I look at the %ille's and see she's in the 8%ille... little Nik is holding strong in the high 75 and 95's! He's going to be bigger than her before we know it! I have a feeling he will be closer to D's size :)
Love the pictures! They are all so cute!! Give a big hug and a kiss to D and Hannah for me!!
Niklas says HI!
Love you!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Reading all those "stats" on Dylan and Hannah made me curious. So I went back and checked to see how they compared with our kids.
At nine months:
Chris 22# 5oz. 29 1/2"
Jon 21# 13oz. 28"
Mark 21# 7oz. 31"
Kerin 23# 5oz. 30"

So appreciate that little light-weight bundle of energy. She'll soon be running quick as a wink!

Grandma Meengs

Kerin said...

I may not be the biggest now, but at least I had my day :)

Tracy said...

We have to wait a while to get Lauren's stats, I couldn't get into the docs until the end of the month. She will be closer to 10 months when I finally go. But, I know for a fact that she is bigger than Hannah! I probably have some clothes I could hand down to you. We have to get together soon and take another cousins picture.