Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dylan's Thoughts...

Here's a quick look into Dylan's thoughts, or at least what comes out of his mouth!

On Sunday, Peter Fish banks were handed out to collect money for World Hunger. The CRC's theme this year is "Give It Up". Pastor Phil tried to explain this theme to us during the children's sermon by having the kids point up to heaven. (I didn't hear his real explanation since I was too busy watching Dylan talk, poke, then hug Brianna, who was sitting next to him!) Then they were each given a bank. Later Sunday afternoon, Dylan kept holding his bank up telling us we needed to bring it to heaven. I didn't get it until I remembered the children's sermon. When I asked him more about it, this is what he said.

"We need to put money in the bank for children who do not have food or candy. Then we have to send it to heaven and God will give food and candy to children."

I guess he did listen during the children's sermon!

Earlier today, I was watering a plant which was pretty dead. (Keeping house plants alive is not a gift of mine!) Dylan was curious about what I was doing, so I told him I needed to give the plant water because it was dead. He asked when it would be alive again. I told him that it would take time, some sunshine, and water. Then he walked over to the kitchen table, sat down in his chair, and said this:

"Dear Jesus, please help our plant to be alive again. Thank you. Amen."

We all should do that a little more often!

2 comments:

K and K and kids said...

prayers of a child--priceless!

Amy Miller said...

I wish I lived in his world a little more often!!
Love you D!!
Hugs, Aunt Amy and Niklas