Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Fun

I just love fall! Cooler temps, warm and cozy sweatshirts, yummy foods, colorful leaves, pumpkins and cornstalks. It beckons me outside, so naturally I bring my kiddos out too! Hopefully they will love fall just as much as I do! Here are a few highlights of our October--

One sunny afternoon, we headed outside to go for a scavenger hunt. Dylan helped come up with a few items to find, we wrote them down, and off we went. Dylan loves to be outside, take walks, and collect things, so this is a perfect was to accomplish all three. We found everything but the squirrel this time!
On a whim last Friday, we drove out to the zoo for their Halloween celebration. Dylan loved showing his penguin costume to the penguins. He built a scarecrow with Grandma, collected some treats, made a paper pumpkin, and checked out the animals. However... I think Dylan's favorite part was watching the Bobcat move dirt for the new monkey exhibit!



Here are a few pictures from raking. Our tree has finally turned all yellow, so hopefully we can get the leaves raked up before it snows. If Dylan helps us pick up the leaves, we might never get done!
My mom had last week Thursday and Friday off of school, so we had to have some fun! Thursday we headed out to Orchard Hill Farm to enjoy the cold, sunny morning. Dylan and Austin loved running around the farm and through the corn maze. The roosters were waiting to be fed, so they had fun doing that too! Hannah was just in awe of everything, but as soon as we mentioned the sheep, she "baaa"ed until we saw them! Despite all the people there, it was a nice FREE farm to spend some time enjoying the animals, pumpkins, corn maze, and apples! We'll be back next year...

2 comments:

Amy Miller said...

Love the photos! What fun! Wish Niklas and I could have joined in on all the fun! You did a fabulous job on Dylan's costume! I would love to put some pictures of Dylan and Hannah in Niklas' photo albums -- could you send me a few via email? Fun Fun Fun!! Love you guys!!!
Aunt Amy

Krista said...

Can I borrow you for a day? I don't know if it's the teacher in you or if I'm just not crafty but I would never have thought to write/draw up your scavenger list. I think I'm going to have to copy you on that one! Love it!