Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm 1 Month Old... plus some catch up!

Here I am when I was 1 week old...

And now I'm 1 month old!We have had a busy and wonderful month! Hannah is a great baby and we are having fun with her. She is awake more often now, and during those awake times she is very alert. Yes, she is smiling a little, mostly at her father... and that just melts my heart! It is hard to tell from the picture, but Hannah is packing on the pounds. She gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks (up to 9lbs. 1oz. already) and grew 3 1/2" since birth! She is a great eater. It is so hard to believe that she has grown that much in such a short time. I hope I never gain 25% of my body weight in 2 weeks! I purchased a new baby carrier (Dylan calls it Hannah's backpack) and love carrying her around. I think she loves it too because she doesn't want to sleep unless we're cuddling her close. We'll have to work on that, but I still love cuddling her in my BabyHawk! (Sorry Tara, no pics yet... I wear it mostly during the day and it's hard to take a decent picture of myself!) Overall, little Hannah Grace is a sweetheart and we love our "new" family!
On to other news...

Dylan continues to crack us up! Here are a few of his funnier moments...

This week, Uncle Eric got to watch Dylan for a while. When I got home, this is what Dylan looked like. Here's a snip-it of our conversation:

D: "Mom, Uncle Eric made my hair like a bird!"

S: "What???"

D: "Yeah Mom, like a hawk."

S: "What??? (pause) Oh! A mo-hawk!"

And he has asked us for his bird hair all week long!

Ever since I got home from the hospital, Dylan has known that he can't rough-house with me because "Mom has a big ouwie." Here is the conversation we had when I got back from my 6 week check-up:

S: "Dylan, the doctor told me that my big ouwie was all better now!"

D: "Yeah! You can do rough-house with me now... BIG rough-house!!!" (With arms waving up in the air!)

What a trip! He can be a little crazy sometimes and drive us nuts, but how can you not love the little guy!

He has also caught cabin-fever pretty bad lately. He would go away every night of the week if he could! What we need to do is play outside more often, but it is so hard with it being so cold and with Hannah around. I have to work on that. If only it would stay as warm as Tuesday (sunny and 55 degrees) instead of today (snowy and 30 degrees) we would be all set! So, if anyone wants a talkative little guy to run errands with, he's all yours!

There's my little update. Now to making a grocery list and finally taking down the tree (hopefully!).

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, Hannah sure has grown! I am hoping to put Lauren's 1 month post up tonight, as long as I can get some time down here on the computer! It is funny, I took Lauren's picture in our glider too!

T said...

Ooh! I'm so glad that you love the BabyHawk, or BH as we call it. :-) We have a ToddlerHawk now (for bigger kids). Isn't baby-wearing just the best? They grow up way to fast... sigh...

Can't wait to see a pic of you sportin' Hannah in her backpack!

Kerin said...

Haha- LOVE the "bird hair"!! I think that should become his new hairstyle... or hey, maybe you could get a father/son thing going, with matching mohawks. The possiblities are endless :)

Amy Noel said...

Love the pics! And Hannah does look bigger from even New Year's! It is so adorable to see her with her eyes open. And Dylan's hair is the best--leave it to Uncle Eric! Love you guys, and hope you are able to get out a bit!

S Westra said...

Dylan, how come you didn't have your special haircut last night at church?
Grandpa w