Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our Backyard

I love our new yard! At Blandford, we had a huge backyard full of wildlife. We were able to enjoy so much of God's creation from our kitchen window. Then we moved to the condo. We had a beautiful view, but not much wildlife. I missed the birds the most.

Now we're here and there are SO MANY birds. Call me a dork, but I love it! Even though they start chirping at 5:00 am, I love hearing them. We have seen the typical Michigan birds... sparrows, wrens, goldfinches, robins, starlings... but Friday, we got a few special visitors. In the morning, I watched a huge hawk fly around the backyard and land in our neighbors garden. Then, in the afternoon, Dylan & I got to watch a mother Cedar Waxwing teach her 4 babies how to fly between ours and our neighbor's tree. It was so fun!

Cedar Waxwing

Here is Dylan (1 year old) watching a baby Cedar Waxwing while camping at Wabasis Lake.

We'll have to stock up on birdseed and thistle for this fall and winter. Dylan and I love watching the bird feeder and then finding the birds in our bird book. Hopefully Hannah will enjoy doing this with us too!

No comments: