Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer finally arrived!

Two Sundays ago, we finally headed up to the Meengs' cottage. We went on a spur of the moment decision and were glad we did! It was nice to be back by the water and enjoy a relaxing afternoon with Grandma & Grandpa. Dylan went swimming (even though the water was still pretty cold!), fishing, played in the sand, and took a paddle boat ride with me and Grandma. Hannah enjoyed being outside too! Even Jon got to go fishing with Dad and caught a couple rock bass. (Nothing to compare to Mark's catch this past weekend though... Those were some nice sized pike and large mouth bass! You still hold the record, I think!)
We're headed back up this weekend to try out Mom's new SeaDoo! I'm sure we'll have a great time... as long as it doesn't rain cats & dogs like last weekend!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Do you think your inlaws could talk my inlaws into getting a cottage? How nice! And I want to see pictures of Pam on that seadoo!

Amy Miller said...

Oh I am jealous!! So very very jealous! Oh how I miss those Michigan lakes! Enjoy them!!