Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July = Pool Time

Between the kiddie pool, Rhodes' pool, and Grandville Middle School's pool, it seems that we've spent most of our time in the water... yeah!

Last week, Dylan started swimming lessons. He goes for a 1/2 hour each morning. HE LOVES THE WATER! There is no fear in him, which gives me a little fear! He is constantly jumping off the side, sticking his head in the water to "blow bubbles", or splashing. Bless his teacher's heart! Claire is wonderful! He has wanted to jump off the diving board since day 1, so last Thursday, he got his chance. I'm pretty sure he would do that the whole time if he was allowed... as long as he walked instead of ran down the board. I'll show you 1 blurry picture, but that is how they come out, even with the sports setting. He's just too fast! 2 more days. He'll be sad when they are over.


Hannah loves the water too! What is it about our kids?!? She got so angry with me when I took her out of the water. I'm sure if this trend continues, she'll be headed straight for swimming lessons soon.


Last weekend we had a pool party with a group from church at Adam & Michelle's house, which is just down the street. There were 47 people there!!! How fun! The kids loved playing in the water, going down the diving board, and squirting the adults with water guns. The adults enjoyed shooting them back, chatting, swimming, and playing a little "dibble dabble." All in all, it was a fun afternoon!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Nice last picture Sara! I hope anyone who looked at that had something to puke in! If that's not incentive to loose some weight, I don't know what is!

And I think dibble dabble is my new favorite game...even though I'm not good at it. I will definately have to wear a different suit - sorry for the show boys!

Sara said...

Oh, whatever, Krista! I think you look great! You were a great dibble dabble player. I think we'll have to find a sitter for the kids one night and have an adults-only dibble dabble tourney... hmmm...