Saturday, September 15, 2007

Apple Picking

Dylan was very excited to wake up this morning because he was looking forward to "picking apples off the trees." So, this morning we bundled up and headed to Vince Brown Orchards. I thought he would like the tractor ride out to the trees, but I was wrong. I guess we shouldn't have sat right behind the loud tractor. However, once we got off and started picking, he loved it. Especially eating the apples he just picked! The tractor ride back to the car was much better since we sat at the back of the trailer and he liked watching the other apple & peach trees. He even told us that tomorrow we need to pick plums! Dylan also liked looking at the apples, indian corn, pumpkins, and peacocks at their store. On the ride home, we asked him what his favorite part was. "My little pumpkin." Of course... we should have just bought one at Meijer! Oh well!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

How fun Dylan! We picked apples last year. I was just thinking this morning it would be a perfect day to make an apple crisp. What are you going to make with your apples?

ASchaaf said...

We had the same thought for Saturday, but we weren't sure if the apples were ready yet. Last year's trip was pretty rainy and muddy. It's so fun that the kids have so much fun doing something so simple. Enjoy your apples!