Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Construction in Heaven

For the past couple of weeks, Dylan has been afraid of loud noises. We've had a few loud thunderstorms, so I have been telling him that God is building him a house in Heaven and is using loud construction machines. Seems to be working a little...

So, last night during dinner we had another thunderstorm. Once again, he was afraid. I pointed to the wrecking ball knocking down a brick wall on his place mat and told him that God must be knocking down an old building to build a new house for him. Immediately he looked at me and said, "Oh no, he's crashing Aunt Kerin's building... in Japan!" We assured him that Kerin was fine and that God would take care of her, then he moved on to something else. I think it was God dumping his dump truck full of trees. =)

Funny how his little mind works. At least he hasn't forgotten about you Kerin!

2 comments:

Kerin said...

Oh my gosh... D never ceases to crack me up, that's for sure. I guess this is what comes of living in a tall tower- I'm the first one he thinks of to get knocked down :)

S Westra said...

Shared this with a friend at work and he said they tell their daughter that lightning is God taking pictures!