On Wednesday, we took the 6 hour drive to Cincinnati. We had a good drive, thanks to the videos playing in the van! Dylan talked a lot, but had something to keep him occupied. He did great. But when we got to Aunt Amy's, he was ready to run! He, Reed, & Amy rolled down the hill, ran around the yard, and played with the soccer ball. Dylan loved rolling down the hill with Amy's big exercise ball! I'm pretty sure he never stood still...
Thursday was a little rainy and dreary. Dylan thought we should go to the grocery store, so we bought Amy some apples and a food mill to make applesauce. Pretty much it was a lazy, playful day at home. However, the best part was jumping on the bubble wrap from Uncle Reed & taking a walk around the neighborhood looking at the houses being built and the backhoe!

We just had to go to the Cincinnati Zoo on Friday! Dylan enjoyed looking at the map as well as seeing the elephants, lions, tigers, sloths, lizards, snakes. He really liked chasing the peacocks that wandered around. Aunt Amy's favorite animal was the tail-less squirrel! It was a great morning, but boy, were we tired!
Can you believe this sloth??? First of all, it was crawling all over. (I didn't think they ever moved!) But then it did this! What amazing leg and toe strength! He stayed like that for maybe 5 minutes reaching for those leaves.
Should I be a turtle, or just watch them?
Yes, our son is picking the rhino's nose... and Amy HAD to get that on camera!
I know Dylan had a great time. But, so did I! Thank you Amy & Reed for letting us raid your house and spend some great time with you! We missed you and were glad to hang out with you. We'll definitely do it again... except next time there will be 2 kids! Yikes! And you thought it was busy already!
4 comments:
I've been waiting for pictures of your trip. I love the picture of Dylan being a turtle. I wish we had some more exotic animals at our zoo. We were going to go to Binder Park Zoo this fall, but time has gotten away from us. Glad to hear Dylan was good during the long ride!
Ahhh... you were so close to Indy when you were in Cinci!
Looks like you guys had a riot!! And yay for DVD players for the van!
DYLAN WE MISS YOU!! We had SO much fun with you and Mom and Gram. You should come again :) And next time you can bring Minneoko!! :) Wouldn't that be fun!?!
Post a Comment